Wednesday, March 13, 2013

recipe: banana nutella smoothie

 
This is one of my FAVORITE things to have for breakfast. It's good by itself when you're rushing out the door or with a bacon and smoked gouda grilled cheese sandwich if you're making it a lazy morning at home. I usually only have them on mornings I have to work, but caved and had one Sunday morning. So fucking delicious!
  • 1.5 frozen bananas
  • 1 cup milk (almond, rice, soy, regular, your choice)
  • 15 whole almonds
  • 1 tbsp Nutella
Throw everything into a blender and blend. Easy as that. Recipe is adapted from fellow fellow's Nutty Banana Smoothy.

I like to prep these to make it quicker in the morning by grabbing a bunch of plastic containers (usually cottage cheese containers) and dropping in the almonds and cut up bananas and throwing them in the freezer. In the morning I pull one out, add the milk and let it set for a minute or two to sort of thaw the bananas. Then I throw everything in the blender and give it a good blend. It yields about 2 cups depending on how big your bananas are. And sometimes I'll throw some milled flax seed in too.

reading - Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
This post brought to you in part by:

3 comments:

Simply Evani said...

Nomzzzz nutella and banana is my shiz. Trying this, this weekend!

Carly said...

This looks amazing!

Carly
Aww.lipglossandcrayons.com

A.M said...

Sooo sad that I'm out of milk right now....